Sunday, May 13, 2012

JAM!

So for the past week I've been working on a piece for the awesome Sword & Sworcery AV Jam. For the uninitiated Sword & Sworcery is an amazing iphone/ipad and now pc game that should really be played by all.

Sword & Sworcery

So the creators of this game put out a call to arms so to speak for peoples to create artwork or music inspired by the game. Being the fan I am and in need of a personal project I opted in.

I decided to model out in 3d a specific screenshot of the game. Given the limited time frame I knew that I couldn't do things like fully texture it out and what not so I chose to stay minimalist (like the game itself).

This is the final piece I created.


Once submitted Craig Adams the creator of the game suggested that since it was 3d I could do more than one piece with the same assets. I figured, why not?


And finally the last one I did, which may be my favorite (or at least tied with the first)

All in all a super fun way to get creative! I really enjoyed this and HIGHLY recommend you check out all of the works collected on this tumblr site:

SworceryAVjam

No comments: